What can you do at a Blessing?
Whatever you like! Some of the things you could do include:
- Henna decoration of your bump/hands/feet, or your guests' hands. You can hire henna artists to attend or buy in some henna and have people do the decorations themselves.
- Flower crown using real or faux flowers
- Bump painting, this is usually best done by a face painting artist
- Have a bellycast made - I am happy to combine your Blessing and bellycast, if your Blessing is held at your home
- Reading poetry, scripture, or readings from books
- Making birth affirmations on paper, card or wood slices
- Making bath bombs, bath salts or aromatherapy mixes
- Tie dying baby clothes or muslin squares or bed sheets
- Cook food yourself, have everyone bring a plate to share, or have a catered meal
- Gathering around a fire, weather permitting