You may want to consider postnatal doula services for a variety of reasons. You may have had a caesarean; you may be a single parent; you might be having multiples or this is your first time parenting and you want as much support as possible. Perhaps your family don't live nearby, or you are not close with them.
I will visit you at your home as many times as you need and help with whatever needs doing around the house so that you can enjoy your babymoon and early parenthood as much as possible.
Postnatal support is very flexible because different families will need support with different things. However, the things that I could do that you might find useful include:
- non-judgemental adult company
- supporting breastfeeding (positioning, attachment, how breastfeeding works)
- supporting mixed or formula feeding
- facilitating accessing donor breastmilk
- looking after your baby while you have a nap, have a bath/shower, or eat a meal
- figuring out babywearing
- cooking small meals
- washing up and light tidying/cleaning
- assisting with older children within the house
- accompanying you to medical appointments or support groups in the local area